FUNDING: Systems Biology Enabled Microbiome Research
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Science (SC) announces the release of DE-FOA-0002602, a plan to provide up to $36 million for basic research into microbial processes and community interactions in natural systems. The research will elucidate fundamental principles to advance our understanding of regulatory, metabolic, and signaling networks among microbes, microbe-plant interactions, the capture and storage of carbon in soils, and the conversion of nutrients and other elements in a changing world.
Applications will be open to universities, industry, and nonprofit research institutions as the lead institution, with collaborators at the DOE national laboratories and other Federal agencies. Total planned funding is $36 million over three years, with outyear funding contingent on congressional appropriations.
- Funding Announcement Number: DE-FOA-0002602
- Funding Announcement: PDF
- Submission Deadline for Pre-applications: January 14, 2022
- Pre-application Response Date: January 28, 2022
- Submission Deadline for Applications: April 4, 2022
- Technical Contacts: Boris Wawrik, email@example.com