Joint Meeting 2011: Genomic Science Awardee Meeting IX and USDA-DOE Plant Feedstock Genomics for Bioenergy Awardee Meeting
Crystal City, Virginia
April 10–13, 2011
Updated April 14, 2011 (Electronic-Only)
Welcome to the 2011 Genomic Science Annual Contractor-Grantee Meeting/USDA-DOE Plant Feedstock Genomics for Bioenergy Program Meeting. As the premier workshop for the Genomic Science program, this meeting brings together researchers supported by the program, representatives from the Department of Energy, and colleagues from other federal agencies. The Genomic Science program—within the Biological Systems Science Division of the Office of Biological and Environmental Research (BER)—supports fundamental research to achieve a predictive, systems-level understanding of plants, microbes, and biological communities through the integration of fundamental science and technology development. This program provides the foundation for biological solutions to DOE mission challenges in energy, the environment, and climate. Program objectives are:
- Determine the genomic properties, molecular and regulatory mechanisms, and resulting functional potential of microbes, plants, and biological communities central to DOE missions.
- Develop the experimental capabilities and enabling technologies needed to achieve a genome-based, dynamic systems-level understanding of organism and community functions.
- Develop the knowledgebase, computational infrastructure, and modeling capabilities to advance the understanding, prediction, and manipulation of complex biological systems.
Within the Awardee Workshop book, Genomic Science program abstracts and posters are organized according to the following research areas important to achieving the ultimate scientific goal and objectives.
Systems Biology for DOE Energy Missions: Bioenergy
- Bioenergy Research Centers [PDF]
- BioEnergy Science Center (BESC)
- Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC)
- Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI)
- Biofuels: Analytical and Imaging Technologies, Engineering, and Production [PDF]
- Systems Biology and Metabolic Engineering Approaches for Biological Hydrogen Production [PDF]
- Computing for Bioenergy [PDF]
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) [PDF]
Joint USDA-DOE Plant Feedstock Genomics for Bioenergy [PDF]
Systems Biology for Environmental and Subsurface Microbiology [PDF]
Biological Systems Research on the Role of Microbial Communities in Carbon Cycling [PDF]
Systems Biology Strategies and Technologies for Understanding Microbes, Plants, and Communities
- Analytical Strategies for the Study of Plants, Microbes, and Microbial Communities [PDF]
- Biological Systems Interactions
- Plant-Microbe Interfaces
- The Predictive Microbial Biology Consortium
- Structural Biology, Molecular Interactions, and Protein Complexes [PDF]
- Validation of Genome Sequence Annotation [PDF]
Knowledgebase and Computing for Systems Biology [PDF]
Communication and Ethical, Legal, and Societal Issues [PDF]
As Printed Version, April 4, 2011: