FUNDING: Biosystems Design of Biofuels, Bioproducts, and Biomaterials
The U.S. DOE Office of Science announces the release of DE-FOA-0002600, a plan to provide up to $110 million for basic research and technology development to design and engineer plants and microbes for the production of advanced biofuels, bioproducts, and biomaterials. The research will elucidate fundamental biological processes to enable genome-scale redesign and editing to develop more productive and resilient crops and novel microbial strains that can efficiently produce valuable chemicals and materials that will advance a sustainable and secure bioeconomy.
Applications will be open to universities, industry, and nonprofit research institutions as the lead institution, allowing collaborations with DOE/NNSA National Laboratories and other Federal Agencies. Total planned funding is $110 million over five years, with outyear funding contingent on Congressional appropriations.
- Funding Announcement Number: DE-FOA-0002600
- Funding Announcement: PDF
- Submission Deadline for Pre-applications: January 26, 2022
- Pre-application Response Date: February 9, 2022
- Submission Deadline for Applications: April 6, 2022
- Technical Contacts: Pablo Rabinowicz, firstname.lastname@example.org